- The Basic License grants you, the purchaser, an ongoing, non-exclusive, worldwide license to make use of the digital work (Item) you have selected. Read the rest of this license for the details that apply to your use of the Item
- You are licensed to use the Item to create one single End Product for yourself or for one client (a “single application”). This End Product can be distributed Free or Paid to other users, given it complies with rest of the terms of the license
- You can not, under this license, modify the starter/theme/template the create a modified version and sell it as another starter/theme/template. You can, however, modify the starter/theme/template to create an app that is uploaded to Play store or App store, or an app that is distributed by other means.
- For example: If the item is an app theme then the end product can be a final app customized with your content.
- If you are creating the Single End Product for a client, and you transfer that single End Product to your client for any fee, then this license is transferred to your client. Thus, the client can only redistribute that single End Product, but cannot create more such products from the item purchased from Enappd
- You can make any number of copies of the single End Product, and distribute free or with a fee.
- As a general rule, you can make two variations of a product using an Enappd Item. E.g. If you are making an app for both Android and iOS store from the same Enappd item, it will be counted as one product. These apps should be exactly identical in working, otherwise they will be considered as multiple apps and an Extended license will be required for them. Same rule applies for an iOS app + PWA. If you are creating iOS+ Android + PWA, then you will require an Extended license
- You can modify or manipulate the Item. You can combine the Item with other works and make a derivative work from it. The resulting works are subject to the terms of this license. You can do these things as long as the End Product you then create is one that’s permitted under conditions in this license. For example: You can license a tinder app template, include firebase authentication from another starter, and bring out a final product which is an app for yourself or a client
- You can’t create more than Single End Product. The End Product should be for personal use or qualify as an app meant for distribution via Play store, App store or other means (either for you or for a client).
- This Single End Product must not be sold as a modified template/theme/starter – i.e. a modified version of the original template/theme/starter .
- You can’t re-distribute the Item as stock, in a tool or template, or with source files. You can’t do this with an Item either on its own or bundled with other items, and even if you modify the Item. You shouldn’t re-distribute or make available the Item as-is or with superficial modifications. These things are not allowed even if the original item is for Free.
- You can’t use the Item in any application allowing an end user to customise a digital or physical product to their specific needs, such as an “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” application. You can use the Item in this way only if you purchase a separate license for each final product incorporating the Item that is created using the application. Examples of “on demand”, “made to order” or “build it yourself” applications: website builders, app builders etc. You will need one license for each product created by a customer
- Although you can modify the Item and therefore delete unwanted components before creating your single End Product, you can’t extract and use a single component of an Item on a stand-alone basis. For example: You license a food delivery app template containing icons. You can delete unwanted icons from the theme. But you can’t extract an icon to use outside of the theme.
- You must not permit an end user of the End Product to extract the Item and use it separately from the End Product.
- You can’t use an Item in a logo, trademark, or service mark.
Other license terms
- For some Items, a component of the Item will be sourced by the author from elsewhere and different license terms may apply to the component, such as someone else’s license or an open source or creative commons license. If so, the component will be identified by the author in the Item’s description page or in the Item’s downloaded files. The other license will apply to that component instead of this license. This license will apply to the rest of the Item. For example: A theme might contain images licensed under a Creative Commons CCBY license. The CCBY license applies to those specific images. This license applies to the rest of the theme.
- For some items, a GNU General Public License (GPL) or another open source license applies. The open source license applies in the following ways:
- Some Items, even if entirely created by the author, may be partially subject to the open source license: a ‘split license’ applies. This means that the open source license applies to an extent that’s determined by the open source license terms and the nature of the Item, and this license applies to the rest of the Item. Split and other open source licensing is relevant for themes and plug-ins for WordPress and other open source platforms.
- For some Items, the author may have chosen to apply a GPL license to the entire Item. This means that the relevant GPL license will apply to the entire Item instead of this license. Where an Item is entirely under a GPL license, it will be identified as a GPL item and the license noted in the download files: for more information see the FAQs
- You can only use the Item for lawful purposes. Also, if an Item contains an image of a person, even if the Item is model-released you can’t use it in a way that creates a fake identity, implies personal endorsement of a product by the person, or in a way that is defamatory, obscene or demeaning, or in connection with sensitive subjects.
- Items that contain digital versions of real products, trademarks or other intellectual property owned by others have not been property released. These Items are licensed on the basis of editorial use only. It is your responsibility to consider whether your use of these Items requires a clearance and if so, to obtain that clearance from the intellectual property rights owner.
- This license applies in conjunction with the terms for your use of Enappd Store. If there is an inconsistency between this license and the Enappd Store Terms, this license will apply to the extent necessary to resolve the inconsistency.
- This license can be terminated if you breach it. If that happens, you must stop making copies of or distributing the End Product until you remove the Item from it.